Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Friends

Being friends with someone is a crazy thing sometimes. We have all met people over the years that we call friends. 

I'm still friends with a few people from high school, but it seems that only one of us talk's to each other. Even though with the others we may like or give an emoji response on social media, we never really talk. 

I would assume that distance plays a role in this as i don't live near where I grew up. With that being said the one friend I do communicate with dosen't live near me either. 

Maybe the one underlying factor is the USMC . We didn't join at the same time, but did serve in the same unit together. As a matter of fact most everyone I served with are closer to me than people or family I grew up with. 

Maybe it's just a military thing and or distance combined. 

With that being said, it would make me happy if we could all meet up back home and just sit around and bullshit for a day and get to know one another again. 

Till next time 

PS, the picture I've added to the blog is me and dan circa 1991 at camp Lejune North Carolina .

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post brother. It's got good content, and information about how you feel about some of the life experiences you have had.
    It's always entertaining to see this pic as those times seem like they were so long ago now. It would be nice for us to get together sometime in the near future and see how our home town has changed.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

does anybody read these things,or am I just not interesting enough lol

My buddy Dan started blogging again maybe I will to 🤔🤷